Interested in learning more about rum and craft distilling or simply want a special gift to someone that loves and wants to increase their knowledge of spirits.
For $750 per person/day, Course includes:
- 6-8hr (7am start) session at our Dromana distillery with a maximum of 5 other participants
- Topics customized to what you are planning to produce or what your interests are. (Incl but not limited to):
- Fermentation, how temperature, sugar content and time effects your flavor profile
- Distilling, the different methods and the possibilities
- Barrel aging, the interaction of these living breathing barrels can have on your produced spirit
- Bottling and further production insights
- Record keeping, Meeting ATO requirements etc
- Safety…yes you are playing with an ethanol plant…there will be a hazardous environment discussion
- Business modelling, we are happy to chat about how we got where we are and give advice on what might suit you
- Sales and marketing…We all love to make it, but in the end you still have to sell it. We’ll run you through what we and JimmyRum have learnt and see how we can apply it to help you
- Where possible, good banter is thrown in for free
- Our distiller on site will show you the ropes of making rum and the process that goes into it; you can be as hands on or off as you like
- A behind the scenes walk through and explanation of the distillery, experiencing Matilda, our copper pot still doing her thing, making delicious rum!
- Our product and other Tastings, lunch & rum based cocktail to finish.
- You’ll walk away with a 700ml bottle of the spirit (i.e. Silver) produced on the day, a bit of knowledge about rum and its history and we may even throw Jimmy himself in, you can take him off our hands, Free of charge and a great rum drinking mate!